*Pointer* Set aside a special party bank account and start saving early.
In order to plan your budget, you need to consider some basic questions:
- How many guests are you inviting? This will establish how many invitations to order and begin to give you a sense of scale.
- How many guests do you think will attend? This will determine the size of the room, menu and many other factors.
- Are you planning a formal or casual event? This may affect your invitation, menu, decorations and entertainment.
- Where will you be having your event? Consider transportation and parking.
- What time of day is your event? Prices of rental halls, menu selection, clothing and entertainment may vary for afternoon versus an evening event.
- Will you be serving a meal? Consult with your caterer, consider a seated meal or buffet.
- Are you planning to have entertainment? In addition to music, consider other forms of entertainment.
Keep all of this in mind when you plan each phase of your event. Budget categories may include the rental hall fee, party planner, food and drink, music and entertainment, photographer and videographer, invitations, wardrobe and salon services, transportation, linens, decorations and party favors. Click here to read more about determining your party budget from our blog.